Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally feeling better!

17 days. After nearly a tube of desitin, countless diapers, and three trips to the doctor, I am feeling back to normal. I lost a bit of weight...down half a pound from where I was a month ago...so all in all I am probably a couple of pounds lighter. Thankfully, I didn't have some horrible infection or virus. In fact, there wasn't much of anything wrong with me. We discovered that I have a milk allergy, so as long as Mommy doesn't have any dairy I am as happy as can be. Mom and Dad are amazed at how different I am acting now. I guess I was kind of cranky for the last two and a half weeks...but you would be, too, if you were dealing with that!
Deklan experiencing March Madness

To celebrate my return to normalcy and improved demeanor, we went to the park. I love being outside! (This warmer weather is a welcome change. I think I could take jogs in the stroller with Mommy everyday!) Even better than a relaxing stroll, I got to hang out with my buddy Sullivan. His Mommy took some great pictures while we were there.



I also wanted to post a couple of pictures from my visit with Grapes Grandma. I had such a great time visiting with her. She can't believe how fast I am growing!


Ryker and I got to spend some time with Austin and Morgan (and their parents Jeff and Annette) a couple of weeks ago.  I loved snuggling with Annette and Morgan. I can't wait to see them all again!
Blowing bubbles with Morgan

Austin is a "super" cuddler


Morgan and Deklan

Annette and Deklan

Deklan with his new pals Morgan and Austin, and his oldest pal Ryker

Our friend Cadence turned the big ONE this weekend. I keep hoping that one of these days when we go to a party I will actually get some of the cake. At least I got to play with one of the favors.

I got two more teeth since I last blogged. They are my two front teeth on top. I bet those will come in really handy for new foods in the future. I am starting to eat better, now that my belly feels good again. I'm still a huge fan of sweet potatoes, but I am digging apples now, too. I will tolerate peas, but they certainly aren't anything I would choose if Mom ever gave me an option. Speaking of milestones, I turned 7  months old a few days ago. I am starting to act like an inch worm when I am having tummy time. Mommy and Daddy think I am days away from crawling. I like to inch over to grab balls, Ryker's golf clubs, puzzle pieces, and the remote to name a few things. Once I figure out how to get some push from these legs, I am going to be cruising around the living room!
That's what's new in my neck of the woods...hope that you are enjoying these first days of Spring!

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful picture of Deklan at the top. Love the black and white with blue eyes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete