Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Featherweight


Hi everyone! I hope you had a great week. Mine has been great, despite a less than stellar start. On Monday, I went to the doctor for my 9 month check up. Here were the numbers: 28.75" tall, weighing in at 17lb 15oz, and head circumference of 44.5cm. Now none of that is too shabby, but the troublesome part for everyone was that I actually lost half an ounce over the past three months. A growing baby boy should be gaining weight...not losing from where he was at age 6 months. Maybe it is my new milk-free diet (and/or its effect on Mommy), or maybe it's the fact that I've been a pretty picky eater. Either way, I've got to put some meat on these bones. So, how did this end up being such a good week? Mom and Dad went on a mission to find table food that suited my palate. I've been eating like a champ and I think we've officially waved so long to that pureed baby food garbage. So far I've chowed down on pasta, turkey hotdogs (don't worry-Mommy cuts them into super teeny tiny pieces), chicken, cereal of all sorts, green beans, bread, peas, carrots, and my new favorite: mini Teddy Grahams! Yummy! If I keep this up, my parents expect to see some much bigger numbers at my weigh in next month.
I've been having a great time playing with Ryker. We've been splishing and splashing during our daily bath, rolling around and wrestling with Daddy, and playing peek-a-boo together. I am waving and clapping now and have even signed "more" a few times for Mom. She has tried numerous times to get this stuff on video, but I will have none of it. Maybe she'll find a stealthy way to catch me in the act? I have also gotten a couple more teeth over the last few days, which has disrupted my sleep but really helped with the chomping of my new tasty foods. I am pulling up to a stand on everything now. It's so much fun to be upright!


Do you see that, Mama? That looks like so much fun!

Well, that's all the news I have for you this week. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend! I think I'm going to get to try my first watermelon over the holiday, so I will tell you about that next time. See you then...


 




No comments:

Post a Comment