Friday, August 26, 2011

A prelude to the party...

My birthday was a blast! I want to say that upfront; however, I don't have pictures for you just yet. They are coming, I promise. For now, I'm going to tell you about the days leading up to my party...then I'll share about my party when I get the pictures ready. 

I went to my first movie recently. It was great. Ryker had told me all about it and he did not lead me astray. I watched the new Winnie the Pooh movie with Ryker and Allison. I really enjoyed it. I sat through the entire thing quietly and did such a good job. Mommy said she was so proud of me and would take me to another one sometime soon. Woohoo!


Mimi came over and spent time with us while Mommy had Bible study over the last few weeks. Ryker and I had such a good time and as you can see by the baseball fort, had a lot of fun!


Then, my official birthday was here. Just Ryker and Mommy and Daddy celebrated my real birthday with me. I had my favorite stuff for dinner. Asparagus! Most people would be surprised that this one year old loves asparagus, but I do. I can't get enough of it! I also had watermelon (again, my favorite) and some pork for good measure. Mommy baked a cake that didn't have any milk in it, so I was able to dig in. Tasty! Though I didn't dive into it I did take several bites and get pretty messy. After a good bath I opened some presents. Ryker got me a bubble machine. I really like it! Mommy and Daddy got me a real baseball bat of my own. It is a little big, but I'll grow into it.



I went to the doctor and I am a healthy growing boy. I've found a new growth curve, so they're not concerned about my weight gain anymore. I weighed in at 19lb 13.5oz (11th percentile) but I am a tall boy at 31.25" (90th percentile). I am long and lean! I got a book about airplanes from Dr. Pedersen, too! As of today I haven't taken any steps yet, but I will stand up by myself for extended moments of time. I am especially fond of standing over my ball machine so that I can feel the air from it blowing in my face. It makes everyone around me laugh!
I am so excited to be one! I hope you will check back soon to see and hear about my birthday party. I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment